JASR offers a competitive compensation package that includes health and welfare benefits, 401(k), and profit sharing.
JASR has a casual yet technically challenging work environment, where we pride scientific and engineering excellence. We are located in Solana Beach, a minute walk from the beach and near the LA / San Diego commuter rail.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. In your role you will be a part of the team that brings in new ideas and delivers proof of concepts. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
As a computational physicist you will work with a team of physicists and engineers designing advanced laser radar and imaging systems. You will be responsible for developing physics-based simulations and processing algorithms for coherent and incoherent optical systems. You will be required to write scientific software in MATLAB or C / C++. Laboratory experience in optical and physical sciences is highly desired.
- PhD in physics, mathematics, engineering, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience with programming in Matlab, Python, and C/C++ on high-performance computing systems.
- Experience partnering with advanced algorithm development teams to test and implement advanced optical systems and coherent imaging system is highly desirable.
As an Optical Experimentalist, you will be responsible for building and implementing advanced experiments in coherent and incoherent imaging systems. Experience working with laser systems is a must. Experience with interferometric systems and atmospheric imaging techniques is highly desired. You will be responsible for building advanced prototype optical systems.
- PhD, MS (7+ years of experience) or BS degree (10+ years of experience) in electrical engineering, physics, or related fields focusing on advanced optical experimentation and prototyping
- Experience with system-level optical design, fabrication, and integration
- Experience with coherent imaging systems is highly desirable.